We are Peter Bullock trading as BGUARDED. (“we”, “us”, “our”, “SSAIB” or “NICEIC”). Our registered office is at 4 Yarmouth Road, Blofield, Norwich, NORFOLK, NR13 4JS.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we hold about you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
BGUARDED is a “Data Controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to all customers who have had a security system installed by or serviced by us.
What information do we collect?
In order to effectively monitor and maintain your system we collect and hold the following information:
Name, address, telephone number, Email, Date of installation, Type of System and service dates.
We DO NOT keep records of your passwords or codes
If your system is monitored we will also keep the following information:
Monitoring Account number and type and grade of monitoring. We DO NOT keep a record of your passwords or keyholders contacts details or Police URN. These are maintained on the monitoring company database only.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Maintain your alarm system
- comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to your installation.
- We will share your data with the SSAIB / NICEIC in order to Certificate your system and if it is requested when we are audited by the SSAIB / NICEIC
- If you require your system to be monitored we will share your information with your chosen monitoring company
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Rules
- our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners;
Where we store your personal data
We store all of your personal details on a secure server within the European Economic Area.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to employees of BGUARDED, The SSAIB (our Regulatory Body) and our Accountants have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at 4 Yarmouth Road, Blofield, NORWICH NR13 4JS
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (“ICO”). The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can visit the ICO’s website by following this link https://ico.org.uk/.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Peter Bullock Trading As BGUARDED. Our data protection registration number is Z6984147. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer: Pat Bullock on 01603 211696.